Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Replant: How a dying church can grow again

Wow.  I came to this book with a level of excitement.  Though I read every page, I could see the ending shaping long before I got to the end.  This was not a replant.  It was a perfectly valid way to take existing facilities and give them to another younger, more vibrant church, but Replant?  Seriously?

Worse still for this particular edition is that it not only trumpets the wonders of the Acts 29 network (and I'm not trying to disparage the work of God through that network) but it positively affirms Mars Hill and Mark Driscoll.  For those who do not know, Acts 29 has recently removed Mars Hill and Mark Driscoll from their ranks for all sorts of reasons.  

If you are a pastor, seeking information on how to take your church out of the plateau and into new life, Replant is definitely NOT the book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment